- Reiki is a great stress reducer. Stress reduces the body's immunity and affects the bodily functions very negatively. The effect of Reiki lifts and dissipates feelings of stress and anxiety and gives the person "room" to heal themselves. You will notice as the treatment begins and the Reiki starts to flow, the breathing becomes deeper and the whole body begins to relax. The body's tensions come to the surface and are released by the flow of healing energy. Reiki gently encourages the body into a more balanced state of being. This improved condition helps in our recovery from illness or surgery as well as keeping us in a healthy state. Reiki energy boosts the body's own healing ability.
- Reiki not only relaxes the physical body but also the mind and its mental chatter. Reiki creates space in the thought processes by clearing out the negative energy that we hold with our and feelings, thoughts and emotions. During a Reiki treatment you may become aware of things that have been niggling at the back of your mind. Emotions that you have buried may come to the surface and tears may flow. This is a positive occurrence as storing the hurts and disappointments, worries and fears only creates unhappiness and dis-ease. Acknowledging these emotions and letting them release with the gentle healing force of Reiki is a huge benefit to your overall heath and well-being.
- Reiki helps a person view their life more clearly. Sometimes a life "review" takes place and a person realises what is it they actually want from life and what they want to give in return. Reiki benefits sometimes by helping a person make a decision when faced with a crossroads in life. This happens as Reiki clears the fog of self doubt and puts us in touch with the authentic part of ourselves.
- Reiki's effect on the emotions are one of calmness and balance. Swings of mood are reduced and more awareness of responses and reactions to stressful situations occur. Those who have difficulty in connecting with others find that they are more understanding and compassionate. Those who are very sensitive and have difficulty removing themselves from negative or destructive situations find a way of protecting themselves. As Reiki is a part of the life force, its energy is always to create a balance and harmony where life can be expressed by the individual in its highest and most healthful form. Blocks in our energy field create dis-harmony and eventual illness. Reiki helps to release and restore flow. It fills us with healing energies that can help restore health.
- On a spiritual level Reiki helps us to be more aware of the higher aspirations of our life and helps us understand that we are more than material flesh and bone. We are complex, have many facets and depths. Reiki can help us in meditation and spiritual progression. Reiki is NOT a religion however!
Reiki does not promise to heal all ailments. It cannot directly change your life's circumstances. It does not replace conventional medical care but its gentle, powerful effects can help you on your journey back to health and give you an insight into yourself on all levels.